Due for a longer update so here goes:
- Law: Working on a small handful of meaningful Oregon legal matters that are confidential and I can't talk about. Law practice has been extremely challenging during the pandemic. The depth of harm to wage earners is difficult to express.
- Writing: The past few months, I've been doing more editing than writing as a member at Compound Writing. Will be doing more writing over the coming months though.
- No-code: I am currently part of On Deck's inaugural no-code fellowship. I'm learning a lot about taking software out of black boxes and making it more accessible for everyone. Our fellowship is the most international group I've ever been a part of, which is super cool. I'm slowly and quietly working on a project to support people who deal with trauma and loss in their jobs.
- Equality: Did you know that female-founded startups received just 2.2% of all venture capital invested in 2020 (and just 0.64% for black women-founded startups)? I didn't until I worked on a build weekend project aimed at facilitating funding opportunities for female founders.
- Outside: Getting out for lots of long walks and trying to spend as much peaceful time outdoors as possible.
- On the record player: Adrianne Lenker's Songs/Instrumentals, Pedro the Lion's Phoenix, Kinski's Be Gentle with the Warm Turtle, and Leif Vollebeck's Twin Solitude.